Friday, October 24, 2008

Words to Live By!

I have been digging into God's word and its has been coming to life for me. One of my most recent verse that has spoken to me is :

2 Timothy 4:2
"... be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction."

To me this verse has helped a lot. The elections and economy are taking us on a crazy ride. If you total follow it and focus on nothing else you can get very discouraged and stressed out. I know I was.

If I follow the advice of the verse which I have been doing my best. I take the time to prepare for my families needs, make meal plans; storing up some meals for anything unexpected. I also have stopped and took note of how I was responding to my kids. This verse has helped me to think before I speak. I have had a really problem with me tone of voice. I have been working really hard at having great patience and carefully instructing them and it has made a big difference in my kids behavior and my attitude and stress level.

I hope you find comfort in God's word and have a blessed day.
~Amy

1 comment:

Mylinda said...

God's been convicting me lately of my tone of voice and speaking without thinking of how it will affect the children. It's hard to break old, bad habits and the enemy loves to discourage us. Thanks for sharing this timely verse. Good reminder! BTW, I'm missing you lots at park! Do you want me to take Zeke sometime? LMK