Saturday, May 23, 2009

Where do the days go.

I'm always amazed how time gets away from me. Some days an hour feels like a day. Last week feels like that was months ago, and sometimes a day goes by like minutes. My days have been filled with lots of things but things that one days over and over again with no end in sight. Some days I remember to start my day giving it to Jesus and asking for His strength and there are many days I let the day take over and find myself struggling to make it until lunch time.

This time of taking care of all five kids by myself with no break in the evening when husband comes home or a break on the weekend for a hew hours to myself to just catch my breath and not worry about the kids. I haven't had that and its been a really growing time. Some days I just it seems like every time one child is done asking for something another ones has a need. Where will I find the strength to meet all the needs my children have? Some days no one can get along and there are constant bickering and down right fights to break where do I find the wisdom to discipline and instruct them over and over? The only one I can turn to is Jesus and he does always meet me.

A few verse that have added much encouragement :

James 1:4-6
"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

I have caught myself many times asking but then wondering why I did get what I asked for and feeling like I'm being blown around like a feather. I have to ask and not doubt. We must believe the Word of God and stand firm in what it says.


Romans 13: 14
"Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature."


This a big one for me I have caught myself many time rushing the kids to bed without prayers so I can watch my favorite t.v. show without interruption. Yes I need time for myself but I would be much better off reading the Word or listening to a worship music. The needs of my children should come before my selfish desires to watch a t.v. show that has no impact on my life.


Romans 15: 13
" May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with the hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

My daily prayer that Jesus would fill my up with His joy and peace and that it would spill out of me and my kids would take notice. What better place to learn about really joy and peace and from the only true source that it comes from Jesus.


~Amy

No comments: