Monday, September 8, 2008

Safe from Hurricane Ike but still discouraged!

I spent all Friday and Saturday preparing for the worst of Hurricane Ike. Thankfully Ike is just going to give us some rain days and get pretty windy. I still find myself this morning discouraged, under the weather, wanting to crawl back under the covers and not do anything. I am very thankful that I not packing up what I can carry and praying I have a home to come home to but still why do I feel so discouraged.

What I do know is that I've started my period. Elijah was up set that I didn't get him to school in time yet I had to yell at him 3 times to get out of bed. I do my part I get him up, feed him and have a clean uniform for him to put on and get him to school with 10 minutes until he had to be sitting in his first class. Where is the love where am I going to find the strength to make it through 5 teenagers. At least they come at one at a time. I do all I do for the family but were is the love. My big boys say I never do anything with them.

I also know that my husband is unhappy. He has gained most of his weight back and is discouraged that he doesn't have a new job offer yet. He is mad at himself about his weight gain and unhappy with his job. He brings all those feelings home and there isn't much I can do to help. I've tried.

I don't want to end this post without speaking goodness, thankfulness, and the truth.

The truth is that Jesus loves me and my family. He cares about my needs and concerns I just have to lay them down at his feet and he will lighten my burden. Jesus will show me His love even when I don't feel the love from my kids and hubby. So today I'm doing the mounds of laundry for Jesus, creating a weekly meal plan for my King, and I'm going to do the dishes as if Jesus himself were coming to have a cup of coffee with me in my kitchen. And while I'm working on those things. I will also be preparing meals, changing JoAnna's diapers, making sure Zeke gets his school done, and play with Josh so he doesn't get into to much mischief. Yesterday I found an empty white out bottle and the furniture he was painting and all the the drips that landed on the floor. My 5 gifts from God sure so keep me busy

Thankfully all my kids are healthy, I have a home with air conditioning, a fridge full of food, and a hard working husband and sisters and parents who love me and a Savior who has already saved me from myself.

I hope you have a blessed week. I will let you know how the day turned out. When I post my menu later today or Tuesday morning.

~Amy

2 comments:

Stacee said...

Prayers to you and your family! May God work in your hearts and your home to lift you up! God Bless!

Mylinda said...

Hi there, Amy! I've been waiting and waiting to leave a comment so I could be "thoughtful" and come up with a great Scripture passage about discouragement, but alas, my brain doesn't keep up with my will, and I forget the minute I leave the computer. So sorry. But, I must say, that I have somehow remembered you in my daily prayers. I guess it's the Lord prompting my memory at that time. Wish He'd remind me so I can look up a verse!! lol See ya!
We missed you Tuesday.