Thursday, March 4, 2010

Clothes Clothes Clothes

Spring Cleaning
A chance to start fresh; to get ride of things broken, used, or no longer needed.

Its that time of year to go through the kids clothes to see whats needed for spring and summer. There are a few ways to do this big task. You can make a big pile and go through all the clothes at once or you can break it up into a smaller task.  This year I'm breaking it up into a smaller task.

I do 2-3 loads of laundry a day to stay on top of clothes for seven people. While I'm folding I pull pieces that are to warm for spring, or are to small, or just plan worn out. Then I make a give away pile and a hand-me-down pile out of what I pulled. I do this over a  weeks time and have gone through everyones clothes.

After everything is pulled that wont work for spring and summer. I go through the kids drawers or closet to see whats needed and write it down. I keep this list with me so when I'm out and catch a sale I check my list for sizes and for whats need. I will do this again the beginning of September for fall and winter.

With the clothes that still have life in them but are no longer need I give away, consign or ebay them. I have done all three it just depends on whats going on in our lives at the time.

I hope this helps some you out there that need to go through theirs families clothes. Please keep checking back for more helpful hints and encouragment.

~Amy

No comments: