Mom whats for Breakfast? Mom whats for Lunch? Mom, Mom whats for Dinner? Can I have a snack?
Its seems like my day can completely get taken away with these question. I can spend half my day in the kitchen figuring out what to make and then cooking. This is an area I need to get organized and under control. I have tried different methods some of them have worked other have not.
This is what I'm going to try now. I have made list of 14 different dinners. So I have 2 weeks worth of dinner written down and I shopped for all that I would need to make them. I don't assign my meals a day because I like to change my mind. I do check my list the night before to see what I want the next night so I can pull anything from the freezer to thaw and take note of any fresh veggies I will need to pick up.
- Oven Roasted Chicken with steamed veggies
- Sweat and Sour Pork Chops (croc pot) with rice (rice cooker) and steamed broccoli
- Pasta with Sun-Dried tomato pesto sauce
- French Bread Pizza and salad
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Pot Roast w/ potatoes and carrots
- Enchiladas made with leftover meat from Roast
- Potato Soup (croc pot) and homemade bread
- Tortilla Soup (croc pot) and salad
- Shepherd's Pie and steamed Broccoli
- Chili (croc pot) and baked potatoes
- Baked Chicken and corn
- BBQ Chicken (croc pot), with rice or mash potatoes and corn
- Lemon Pepper marinated Chicken (croc pot), rice and green beans
I have tried this with 1 week of meals and it went really well so I hope it works just as well with 2 weeks.
I'll try to start adding some of my recipes.