Saturday, August 11, 2007

Moving and starting new habits.

I have about a week or so to go before we close on our first house. I'm making progress but still have lots to do. I'm also getting ready to start up baseball with the 2 oldest boys, our homeschool park group starts meeting weekly in 2 weeks and a possible joining a Homeschool co-op that will meet once a week too. I will also have to unpack, keep up with meals, cleaning, laundry, and start school work, and of course I want to decorate. I feel my plate is quite full but I'm also feeling very happy and excited about what this new year has in store. September has always been the start of my new year not January even when I wasn't schooling kids. I have a huge To Do List and a ton of new habbits I would like to start so my days would run smoother. But I know to start with baby steps. My goal for this week is to get up at the same time each morning before any of the kids do. I'm not a morning person but I'm going to aim for 7 a.m. Get dressed, have devotions, and have something other than cold cereal for breakfast. (Try to cut back to having cold cereal twice a week it just doesn't fill them up but they do love it.) I let you know next Saturday how I did.
http://laragallagher.com/blog/2007/08/smart-habit-saturday.html

3 comments:

Robin said...

I feel like I have a "new year" coming too. I like your first habit. You can do it.

Have a great week!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

WOW you have a lot coming up! We are in the process of move (1 1/2 weeks to getting keys!) and feel the same way you do! I want to get so much done but I'm afraid I will get overwhelmed and not do ANYTHING. I like your goal of getting up before the kids, SO MUCH can get done that way! Good luck, hope you have a great, and SMART week!

and Congrats on the new house!

Rebecca said...

You will be busy! But it's great that you are excited about it & have a positive outlook. Good luck this week!