Monday, May 28, 2007

Girly!

Having a little girl has reminded my to take care of myself and to treat myself like a girl. Growing up I would pick out outfits I would want to wear days in advance. I Liked to have my hair and make-up just right. Being a mom of 4 boys and busy these past 10 years I have put the high heels away, the skirts away, and the extra jewlery away. I would put it on everyonce in awhile but not like I used to. Well now with a little girl in the house I want to be a roll model for her and be true to myself as well. I love to put her in dresses and I love to wear more than capris and t-shirts. Most days that is still all I wear. It easy! But I have started putting on a skirit and t-shirt ( Just as Easy- just have to make sure I shave my legs :) and doing my hair and lite make-up for me a few days a week even if I don't have plans to leave the house. My boys have noticed and comment on how nice I look and I feel a little better about myself.
So for all you ladies out there if you are a tomboy or not. Don't forget to take care of yourself and some time for yourself. I just started to set aside 90 mins. on Sunday nights to take a long bath, file my nails, read my Bible. When I'm taken care of. I have more to give those I'm taking care of.

1 comment:

Mylinda said...

Amy,
I'm so proud of you! I've seen moms with 4 boys become total tomboys and I've seen moms with 4 boys be the girliest things in the world (and I wonder HOW?? lol), so I'm proud of you for recognizing this now and setting a good example for JoAnna. You're a great mom!! :-)
Mylinda :-)